The American Bar Association's House of Delegates unanimously adopted a resolution today calling for the updating of the federal Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) system. Meanwhile, Michigan's state courts, like most state courts, are struggling to enter the e-filing era. The State Bar's Judicial Crossroads Task Force has called for an e-filing system modeled after the federal system's. How about they just give us their used system?
Here are some of the improvements the ABA Journal says users have called for in the federal system:
- Better integration with other systems.
- Custom notifications, reports and views.
- Automated data exchanges.
- Improved speed and user interface.
- Expanded search capabilities.
- Single sign-on for multiple districts.
- Clearer, more organized dockets.